How Do We See Jesus
– To explore social issues that challenge us to respond meaningfully and faithfully.
– To equip Anglican Christians to confidently live their faith and to be agents of transformation
What is Anglicanism Reloaded?
– A convention.
– A day of teaching, discussion, and learning that will begin with worship.
– A day to bring your ideas and questions and perspectives.
What will the day be like:
9:00am Worship begins – A simple Eucharistic Service
11:00am The Key Note Address by
Professor Kortright Davis
12noon Lunch (to be preordered)
1:30pm Afternoon Discussion Sessions &
A Children’s Activity Area
4:30 pm Closing Plenary
5:30pm Closing Worship (Evening Prayer)
Details about the Afternoon Discussion Sessions:
• The Children’s Activity Area will engage young Anglicans between 4-12
• Interactive Discussion Groups and Debates for teens and young adults (space limited here. We will be taking the first 750 to sign up)
• 2 Panel Discussions in the main area.
The Topics/ Ideas to be discussed:
• How do we see Jesus in the most vulnerable among us (women, children, teen mothers & fathers, the differently abled, domestic violence survivors, addicts, persons living with HIV)
• How do we see Jesus in matters of sexuality
• How do we see Jesus in our dealings on matters of social justice
• How do we see Jesus in our Youth and their place in shaping and leading the Church
The event promises to be stimulating. Please Note:
• Memorabilia will be on sale on the day.
• Tee-shirts and polos are to be preordered – Adults Polos $75 Adult Tees $50 Children’s Tees $45 (a limited supply on sale on the day)
• Lunch to be preordered – $50 (chicken, vegetarian or fish). A limited supply will be on sale on the day.
• Feel free to walk with your own lunch
• Every person including volunteers needs to register. Payment for shirts and lunch can be made at the parish or regional offices.
• Register at Regional Office, parish office or online. Register Early! January 28th early bird date
• The Registration Coordinator, Annmarie Allsop can assist 487-9463 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Click here to register online
• Parishes are encouraged to organize maxis – people need to sign up so we know how many buses needed in addition to the parish bus.
• Parishes are to make name tags for members who are attending – be as creative as you like.
Regional Coordinators Contact Info
Pamela Redhead (South) 480-5829
Roslyn Noel (North West) 629-1651, 681-8451
Claudia Hercules (North East) 663-9533, 762-7794
Sandrez Guy-Winchester (Tobago) 639-2972, 497-5145